August 4, 2014 - PRnewswire.com - Alfamation, a global provider of functional test equipment and test solutions, today announced at NIWeek 2014 that HARMAN International Industries, Inc. will use Alfamation Supernova Test Application Framework Software as a standard for infotainment and audio manufacturing test systems.
HARMAN engineers can efficiently create and manage diverse test cases using Alfamation SuperNova Test Application Framework, a fully integrated test environment built on National Instruments TestStand test management software engine.
"We develop and deliver solutions that embrace innovation, superior value and a highly-satisfying customer experience. Our audio and infotainment solutions offer a front-row seat to all the magic that quality sound has to offer. Manufacturing test plays a key role in ensuring that all HARMAN infotainment systems can rapidly adapt to product evolutions and meet the high standards our customers have come to expect. Alfamation has provided PXI-based functional test equipment for us globally and has displayed domain knowledge, innovation, and quality of service."
Ehab Beshay (Sr. manager AME test engineering at HARMAN International Industries, Inc.)
Infotainment Test Challenges
HARMAN embedded infotainment solutions offer complete information, entertainment and communications capabilities – including route navigation, multimedia integration, connectivity, cloud services and advanced driver assistance systems. With these increased capabilities come increased test challenges, including the ability to measure the variety of signals present on the infotainment solution such as audio, visual, GPS and RF.
A Configurable Solution for Diverse Test Cases
Using SuperNova, engineers can rapidly and effectively implement diverse test cases on a wide variety of multi-socket test equipment, mostly by configuration and in a structured way. SuperNova also features separate contexts for system resources configuration, test application development and test process configuration:
- Define test process profiles according to the given test process (e.g. manual, automated, with/without results printout, cyclic test, with/without MES interfacing) independently from the test application through the test process configuration domain
- Runs various multi-socket test applications in parallel on the same system
- Interfaces natively to different release management systems like Perforce and SVN, thus providing all software configuration changes under control
- Product variants can be easily and quickly managed though an integrated table-based product variants manager in the test application development context
- Multilanguage support for English, Chinese, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, and Magyar
To learn more about SuperNova, visit Booth 210 at NIWeek or download a full white paper and data sheet at: www.alfamationglobal.com
HARMAN designs, manufactures and markets premier audio, visual, infotainment and integrated control solutions for the automotive, consumer and professional markets. With 15 leading brands, including AKG®, Harman Kardon®, Infinity®, JBL®, Lexicon® and Mark Levinson ®, the Company is admired by audiophiles, musicians and the entertainment venues where they perform. More than 25 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with HARMAN audio and infotainment systems. HARMAN has a global workforce of approximately 15,200 people and reported sales of $5.1 billion for the 12 months ended March 31, 2014.
For more information about Harman please visit: www.harman.com